Introduction to Weather Balloons
A convenient way to gather atmospheric data at high altitudes is to use weather balloons (current record altitude for unmanned gas filled balloon seems to be 53 km of BU60-1 Japanese balloon). As this kind of devices is used for weather forecast and research the specific literature on the topic is widely available  and consolidated. Air data systems are a common payload across that kind of probe, from here our interest on the topic. Here we introduce the basic hardware, provide a basic calculation script for balloon sizing and describe the ground filling operations. The topics involved are different and heterogeneous so we will split topics along a mini-series of articles on balloons.
We will focus on the most common DIY setup, a sealed balloon filled with helium and with a rope suspended payload. Helium is lighter than air so it makes the balloon float.
High altitude balloon payload system configuration. When balloon bursts or is released, the parachute inflates and the system descends (inset).
- ✞༺(((( Ⓒilla ℜągnąℜṧ )))༻♚༺ BA Classical Art Historian || MA Culture & Media || Tourism & Sales Management || Web Design || Photo & Videographer for Tourism Magasins ༻
- GLÆPUR GEGN MANNKYNI2023.03.10Hvenær má borgari handtaka mann?
- Crime Against Humainty2023.03.10Shady video shows how the C19 experimental materials totally destroy the body’s functioning from the inside out
- Crime Against Humainty2023.03.10The $3 Trillion SubStack on How to Destroy Pfizer in Court
- Sigurlaug Ragnarsdóttir2023.03.10Ofskynjanir, sjálfsskaði, sjálfsvígstilraunir, varanleg fötlun – Heilbrigðisyfirvöld, læknar og stjórnmálamenn gera sér öll fulla grein fyrir þessum skaða sem börnunum er valdið. Þeim er bara sama.