A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within.
mars 29, 2023 - 8:56 e.h.
A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious
But it cannot survive treason from within
An enemy at the gates is less formidable
For he is known and carries his banner openly
But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely
His sly whispers rustling through all the alleys
Heard in the very halls of government itself.
For the traitor appears not a traitor
He speaks in accents familiar to his victims
He wears their face and their arguments
He appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men
He rots the soul of a nation
He works secretly and unknown in the night
To undermine the pillars of the city
He infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist
A murderer is less to fear
The closer the collapse of an Empire
The crazier its laws become
– Marcus Tullius Cicero
- ✞༺(((( Ⓒilla ℜągnąℜṧ )))༻♚༺ BA Classical Art Historian || MA Culture & Media || Tourism & Sales Management || Web Design || Photo & Videographer for Tourism Magasins ༻
- Crime Against Humainty2023.05.08THRIVE: What On Earth Will It Take?
- Glæpur Gegn Íslenskum Börnum2023.05.05Til varnar tjáningarfrelsinu – Að stimpla „rangar skoðanir“ sem hatur mun leiða orðræðuna til glötunar
- Glæpur Gegn Íslenskum Börnum2023.05.03Flokkast BARNAGIRND og BARNANÍÐ undir Kynheilbrigði hjá Kennarasambandi Íslands?
- Kristín Þormar2023.05.02Vel heppnaður fundur með skólastjóra Smáraskóla í Kópavogi – Plaköt með „kynfræðslu“ fyrir börn fjarlægð úr Smáraskóla